Having had an Apple iPad since they were first released, I wondered if the new iPad would be different enough to get one. I didn’t wonder for long and moments later placed my order online. Shipped directly from the factory in China, the iPad arrived via Fedex.
Now that I have had a week or so to set up and test the iPad 2, I can say the improvements are significant and it is well worth getting one – even if you have a fully functioning original iPad.
Here are the main improvements/new features that stand out:
- holding the iPad to read a book or email is easier and less strain on your arm because it is a lot lighter – which means longer reading times (I did not even notice this as a problem before)
- the front and rear cameras enable video conferencing, taking snapshots and recording video… awesome! documents can be scanned, barcodes can be read and you can show video callers how you look in early morning video chats!
- the lower profile (otherwise known as height) means it fits in more bags and is cooler… OK, the biggest benefit of this is the reduction in weight.
- snapping (it’s magnetic) the leather cover on is a breeze – and it looks great.
- faster run times means you don’t have to wait as long for apps to load, pages to download etc.
Despite what some people think – the iPad is way more than a large screen iPhone! Over time more apps are becoming available that take advantage of the cloud, syncing and integrating seamlessly with your desktop/laptop and mobile phone. A simple example of this is when you update a password on one device, it is automatically available on all your devices… (don’t worry, it is encrypted to make it secure).
If you haven’t ordered one yet… I highly recommend it!
© Andrew John Harrison. All rights reserved.